At Calligaris Electronic Technologies, we believe that the health and safety of our employees, contractors, subcontractors and our clients is paramount. We believe that everyone has the right to a safe and healthy work environment. Workplace Safety is a core value of our culture and we are dedicated to protecting the health and safety of all those associated with our company.
A safe and healthy work environment impacts every measure of a company’s success, especially the quality and productivity of the work being done. With many of our employees working off-site, our safety leadership not only impacts the health and safety of our employees, but that of many others influenced by their activities.
We understand that each of us plays a vital role in the completion of work in a safe manner. At our company, employee recommendations to improve health and safety conditions are always encouraged and given thorough consideration. As a measure of prevention, we consistently set and review goals as part of our ongoing health and safety program.
Employee H&S Representative:
Qualifications Include: H&S Representative Course, WHMIS, First Aid, Basics of Fall Protection,
Working at Heights
On-Site Safety Sheet
Our goals will be achieved by:
- Our belief that accidents are preventable.
- Owner commitment to providing a safe and healthy work environment for all employees.
- Consistently striving to meet or exceed compliance under the OHSA and the Construction Regulations.
- Employee involvement to improve the quality of workplace health and safety. This includes brainstorming, inspecting, detecting and correcting.
- Regular health and safety talks.
- Ensuring that all employees and subcontractors receive adequate training and have the knowledge and competency to accomplish the work.
- Make available to all employees the necessary resources to provide and maintain a safe place of work.
- Ongoing assessments in order to detect hazards and ensure hazard correction.
- Learning from mistakes and ensuring continuous improvement by effective monitoring, auditing and review.
- Recognition that safety does not start at the job site, but with management/owner; Marco Calligaris.
Employee H&S Training
Regular safety talks
Industry-specific safety training
Hazard assessment & controls